Vape Maintenance Tips
Wasn’t it like a new car feeling when you finally got hold of your new vape? That day when it was delivered to you definitely filled you with excitement, looking at how sleek and shiny it is. It happens to be the most advanced of its kind in the market, too.
However, after about two months of vaping every now and then, your device has gotten dirty. It has become gunky, and it just isn’t in tiptop condition anymore. Performance wise, it is lacking. You’re thinking of buying a new one at this point, but hold on. Being a newbie vaper needs you to keep a rein on your unknowing compulsiveness. Instead of throwing your used vape out, why not learn how to clean your vape device?
The key is proper maintenance to be able to use your vape, vapebox or vapourizer for the long-term and to keep it performing A1. With your device correctly maintained and cleaned, you’ll be able to obtain flavourful hits every time you vape. It’s all about getting the maximum flavour when puffing, and you achieve this with a device that is always as good as new so long as you know how to clean and maintain it. (Get best refillable pod vape here)
What Are The Different Components Of A Vape?
You need to know the parts that make up your vapourizer to be able to keep it in good working condition. There are actually three main components of a pen-style vapourizer:
- Tank– the part that holds the e-juice, and it is typically attached with the atomizer as one unit.
- Coil– a component that produces heat to be able to convert the e-juice into vapor.
- Battery– the power source of the device, and may contain options for temperature and voltage control. Vape mods have the battery enclosed in the housing.
Box mods are constructed in a similar way, however, their housing is larger, with batteries that are more powerful. This increased power allows it to produce more vapour, providing the user with a greater throat hit. The flavour of the vape juice is also enhanced.
When Should You Clean Your Vape Device?
You’ll want to taste the new flavour of your e-juice to the fullest, and not want it to be obscured by the last one that you vaped. So it is ideal to rinse and clean the tank of your device whenever you change e-juice flavours. A once-over every week should be applied to your vapourizer as well. Your device ought to be cleaned thoroughly every few weeks at the least.
Then again, whenever your device falters in performance, you would likewise need to give it a full-scale cleaning.
How To Clean The Tank Of Your Vape
It’s an all too common mistake to fill in your tank with a new e-liquid flavour, and yet have a back-taste of the e-juice that you have just recently used. You need to clean your vape tank in order to avoid this. You can do a simple rinse, but there are times, too, when you have to clean your device with alcohol.
- Get a bowl and fill it with warm water.
- Remove the tank from the mod.
- Remove any remaining e-liquid from the tank.
- Dismantle the tank completely.
- Put the tank parts in a bowl.
- Wash these parts with water until they are clean. Use a small amount of dish soap if the tank is very dirty.
- Use a paper towel to wipe each component dry.
- Let it stand and dry in the air for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Put back the tank and the device together.
Deep cleansing with alcohol
- Remove the tank from the mod and get rid of any remaining e-liquid.
- Dismantle the tank completely.
- Dampen a cloth with high-proof and unflavoured vodka and scrub any e-juice deposits in the tank.
- Wipe it clean and rinse with warm water.
- Leave to dry in the air for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Put the tank and the device back together.
How To Replace Vape Coils
The coil of your device has to be replaced, not cleaned. It is actually the coil that hugely influences the flavour of your vaping, so the more you do it, the more often you need to change it. If this component of your device becomes dark or damaged and your puffing begins to have a burnt taste, it may be time to replace it. The same goes if your vape produces less vapour. Here’s how to do it:
- Detach the tank from your device.
- Get rid of any remaining e-juice.
- Turn the coil towards the left to loosen it from the tank.
- Screw in to attach the new coil.
- Fasten the tank back to the device.
With this simple guide on how to clean your vape and keep it in good working condition, you can enjoy using your device for years to come.