How To Charge A Puff Bar Disposable
You know how it goes with a disposable puff bar (electronic cigarettes). Its nature is basically that- “disposable”, meaning you discard it when its e-juice has dried out or its battery goes dead. It’s not meant for keeping for a long time.
However, there are curious vapers (and those who want to keep their favourite pens) who ask if it is possible to recharge a disposable puff bar. The answer is yes, but there are major considerations.
Is it the techie aspect of recharging a disposable vape pen that you’re interested in? Primarily, you need to know how to line up the positive and negative terminals of a battery.
With the quick process below, you won’t have any trouble recharging your puff bar disposable. What materials do you need? Prepare an old Bluetooth speaker, a pair of reliable tweezers, and a small flathead screwdriver. (Get refillable vape pods here)
What Are The Steps In Recharging A Disposable Puff Bar?
The first thing that you have to do is disassemble the speaker and then remove its circuit board. Pull out the battery from there, after which you’ll find two loose wires that you’ll need later. You can also get an old USB cable and use it as a charger. The following are the steps to recharge a disposable puff bar (disposable vaping devices):
- Take a look at the bottom of the vape pen wherein you’re likely to find a tiny crevice at the base. Gently lift the cover of the device using the flathead screwdriver. In the case itself, you will see the installed tank and battery.
- Slowly tug this component out, but don’t completely remove it. Just make sure that the sensor and the wires are exposed. Remember how these wires are positioned because you’ll be placing them back in the same way after you have recharged your device.
- Detach the tape that fastens the wires and attach them to the terminals located on the circuit of the speaker. Be careful and see to it that you are properly connecting the coloured wires. Otherwise, you would totally damage your device.
- Secure the wires in place by attaching tapes to them while charging the puff bar. Do this procedure for 5 to 7 minutes, then try to draw the device.
- If the clouds it produces is not as thick as you would like, charge the vape pen for another 7 to 10 minutes.
- Typically, the battery will enable you to make around 100 puffs until it is depleted, even if the pen still contains e-juice. But that’s not a steadfast rule. Nevertheless, you can also run out of e-juice while the battery is still working.
What Are Precautions To Remember?
When you want to charge puff bars devices you need to pay attention to the vaping devices model. There may be vape devices that are designed to be rechargeable, but that is not the case with disposables. If you insist, or are eager on tinkering with your device, be mindful of the precautions. Take note that whatever small components that you remove, such as safety items, including a black sensor protector, they should be returned in exactly the same position. They are manufactured in that order by their creators for many reasons.
For this particular project (of recharging your original puff bar disposable), it is important to use a power bank. Don’t connect it to a socket because there is the danger of a power surge running through the wires. Avoid electrocuting yourself or causing a short circuit.
A disposable puff bar is essentially not meant to be refilled or recharged. So be very cautious when you open it, and especially in handling its titanium battery. Don’t get your fingers tainted with the e-juice, too. Wear gloves when you work with the circuit.
Will You Be Able To Get Additional Use Of Your Recharged Disposable Vape?
There may be some e-juice left in the tank after the battery has been depleted. With a dead battery, the coil will not heat and vaporize. Yes, you can recharge and power this component, but don’t expect it to function for long. You can only do this for about three times at the maximum. Considering all the trouble it takes, it is a smarter option to buy a new pack of disposable puff bars.
Is It Worth It To Recharge A Disposable Puff Bar?
It’s not as easy as it seems to recharge a disposable vape, and it is a hit and miss process. If you are a first-timer, chances are you’ll have the unit fall apart on your attempt to open it. With its life cycle ending, it would tend to get damaged. Other than this, you might have difficulty putting it back together after dismantling it, and your hopes of recharging your pen are kaput.
It may work, but more often, it does not. So it may not be worth it to attempt to recharge your disposable puff bar.
See also; How to use Puff Bar Disposable Vape